|Spring has officially sprung, which means 2019 is in full bloom. (See what we did there!) One thing we know about this year, is that content marketing is still going strong. That’s no surprise – content marketing is authentic, engaging and well suited to the internet generation, which is probably why Seth Godin calls content marketing “the only marketing left.” It works so well because it’s not just about selling your product or promoting your brand. It’s about giving your audience value and growing relationships. With that in mind, we’ve tracked down a dozen stats worth considering as you execute your 2019 plans...
- 90% of the most successful B2B content marketers prioritize their audience’s informational needs over their own sales/promotional message. (CMI and Marketing Profs)
- And yet, only 42% of B2B content marketers listen to and understand their customers’ content needs. (CMI and Marketing Profs)
- Authenticity remains key. 86% percent of consumers say that authenticity is a key differentiator that leads to a purchasing decision (Stakla)
- Storytelling also continues to perform for marketers. 55% of business professionals say a great story captures their focus and keeps them engaged with content. (Prezi)
- 87% of marketers use email to successfully nurture their audience, but only 45% are incorporating storytelling. (CMI and MarketingProfs)
- 71% of buyers/readers say they were turned off by content that seemed like a sales pitch. (Economist Group’s “Missing the Mark”)
- 70% of marketers reported that content that incorporated visuals assets performed better than content that didn’t. (Contently and Libris)
- B2C content marketers have increased their use of audio/visual content, written content, and images vs. 1 year ago. (CMI and Marketing Profs)
- The top 3 types of content used by B2B marketers last year was long form content (whitepapers, guides), social media stories, and video snippets. (CMI)
- Cisco estimates show 80% of all internet traffic worldwide will be video by the end of this year. (IAB)
- Blog content is still key, with 55% of marketers saying blog content creation is their top inbound marketing priority. (Hubspot)
- Meanwhile, brands are abandoning mobile apps. 20% of brands will wave goodbye to mobile apps by the time we ring in 2020. (Gartner)
We hope this helps you grow your 2019 marketing plans. Reach out if we can help.