|HERSHEY, Pa. - June 16, 2011 - Say S’mores™! Nothing says summertime fun like the delicious combination of pure Hershey®’s Milk Chocolate, crisp graham crackers and toasted, gooey marshmallows. S’mores have been making families smile since the recipe was first published in the Girl Scouts handbook in 1927. This summer, the Hershey Company is encouraging families to create their own S’mores memories with the Say S’mores campaign. Starting June 16, families are invited to capture and share their favorite S’mores moments on the Hershey’s brand Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hersheys for a chance to win S’mores-themed prizes. To help provide sweet inspiration, Hershey’s Milk Chocolate has partnered with influential social media moms from TheMotherhood, an award-winning web community of 13,000 mothers, to share tips on how families can turn any ordinary day into a memorable moment with gooey S’mores.
“Whether you’re entertaining in the backyard, camping in the great outdoors or looking to sweeten a summer day with a fun snack, combining Hershey’s Milk Chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows is the perfect recipe for creating lasting memories and never-ending smiles,” said Anna Lingeris, spokesperson for The Hershey Company.
Tips for Creating S’mores Smiles All Summer Long
Anytime is the right time for S’mores, and there’s no need for a special reason to make the delicious treat. After a ball game, for a snack on family movie night or when friends drop by for a visit - it doesn’t matter what the occasion, everybody loves S’mores. The Hershey’s brand has partnered with top social media moms from TheMotherhood to share the following sweet and easy tips for creating memories with S’mores all summer long:
- Family Activity S’mores - Make S'mores a family activity by getting everyone involved. Little ones can be in charge of assembling the graham crackers and Hershey's Milk Chocolate bars while adults and older children take care of roasting the marshmallows. Once your S'mores are ready, dig in and enjoy this tasty treat together.
- Party with S’mores - The next time you’re invited to a summer party, bring S’mores ingredients as your contribution to the gathering. Guests will love making gooey S’mores and you’ll be a hit at the party.
- Grilled S’mores - For a fun new way to enjoy S’mores, try making them on the grill! Simply wrap S’mores in aluminum foil and place on a medium-hot grill and cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side. When you’re done you’ll have S’mores that are grilled to perfection.
- Summer Vacation S’mores - S’mores aren’t only for camping! Many hotel chains offer fire pits or grilling areas which are perfect for making S’mores to help sweeten your trip and create a new family tradition. Staying home this summer? You can also build S’mores at the park or playground in the designated picnic or grilling area.
Say S’mores and Share Memories
The Say S’mores Facebook photo contest is inviting families to share their favorite S’mores moments for a chance to win the grand prize of a camera, outdoor fire pit, photo printing gift card, roasting skewers set and all of the ingredients needed to make S’mores including Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bars. Starting today, families who visit the Hershey’s brand Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hersheys can download the Say S’mores application to participate in monthly photo contests and receive a $1 coupon good toward the purchase of any two Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bar 6-packs. Each contest will invite families to share and vote on their favorite S’mores photo within a designated theme, including:
- The S’more, the Merrier! - Share your favorite shots of your family and friends enjoying S’mores! (June 16 - July 12)
- Most Memorable S’mores Face - Share your messiest, most chocolaty or gooiest S’mores photos! (July 13 - August 9)
- S’mores Create the Happiest Campers - Show us your best S'mores shots from your summer campout - whether it's in the woods, or your own backyard! (August 10 - September 6)
Three monthly winners will be awarded a S'mores roasting skewers set, picnic blanket and t-shirt along with all of the ingredients to create S’mores memories at home. Each winner will also receive a spot in the final round of voting to determine the “Best S’mores Summer Memory,” which will take place September 7-September 21. The photo entry with the most votes in this round will be awarded the grand prize.
For more tips on how to create ‘S’more’ summertime memories from the Hershey’s brand and TheMotherhood or to participate in the Say S’mores photo contest and view official rules, please visit the Hershey’s brand Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hersheys.
About The Hershey Company
The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY) is the largest producer of quality chocolate in North America and a global leader in chocolate and sugar confectionery. Headquartered in Hershey, Pa., The Hershey Company has operations throughout the world and more than 13,000 employees. With revenues of more than $5 billion, Hershey offers a wide range of confectionery products, including such iconic brands as Hershey’s, Reese’s, Kisses, Hershey’s Bliss, Special Dark, Hershey’s Syrup, Kit Kat, Twizzlers, Ice Breakers, PayDay and Jolly Rancher. Hershey also is a leader in the premium and artisan chocolate segments, with such brands as Scharffen Berger and Dagoba, offeredthrough the Artisan Confections Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. The company is focused on growing its presence in key international markets in Asia and Latin America while continuing to build its position in the United States.
Corporate Social Responsibility is an integral part of the company’s global business strategy, including goals and priorities focused on fair and ethical business dealings, environmental stewardship, fostering a desirable workplace for employees, and positively impacting society and local communities. Milton Hershey School, established in 1909 by the company’s founder and administered by the Hershey Trust Company, provides quality education, housing, and medical care at no cost to children in social and financial need. Students of Milton Hershey School are direct beneficiaries of The Hershey Company’s success. Visit us at www.hersheys.com.
TheMotherhood is an award-winning community and platform for women, with a network of more than 13,000 top-tier social media moms across the country. TheMotherhood connects brands with mothers in authentic, creative ways that enable productive engagement, quality coverage and broad reach.
# # #