HERSHEY, Pa., – November 10, 2011 – With candy ranking as one of the top categories for holiday spending*, The Hershey Company is sweetening the holiday season with the introduction of the 2011 holiday collection. The delicious assortment of iconic candy dish favorites, stocking stuffers and festive gifting items, arrives just in time to help every Santa check-off their gift list. New treats this holiday season include: Hershey®’s Kisses® Kiss Shaped Gift Box, Reese’s® Miniatures Tree Shaped Gift Box, Hershey’s Kisses Brand Candy Cane Mint Candies Filled Canes, a 1lb. Hershey’s Solid Milk Chocolate Bar and Hershey®’s Cookies ‘N’ Creme® Santa.
A Kiss for Santa
Who needs mistletoe when there are Hershey’s Kisses Chocolates to go around? With more than 1.6 billion red, green and silver Hershey’s Kisses Milk Chocolates being made this year, there will be no shortage of holiday cheer! Hershey’s Kisses Brand Milk Chocolates varieties available this year include:
- NEW– Hershey’s Kisses Kiss Shaped Gift Box
- NEW – Hershey’s Kisses Brand Candy Cane Mint Candies Filled Cane
- Hershey’s Kisses Santa Hat Milk Chocolate
- Giant Hershey’s Kisses Brand Milk Chocolate
- Hershey’s Kisses Brand Milk Chocolates in festive foils and special flavors
The Perfect Gift to Give
Those looking for the ideal treat for a holiday host or hostess, co-worker, teacher or friend need look no further – Hershey’s iconic candies are decoratively wrapped and ready to gift! Gifting options include:
- NEW LOOK – Hershey®’s Pot of Gold® Premium Collection
- NEW – Reese’s Miniatures Tree Shaped Gift Box
- NEW– Hershey®’s Solid Milk Chocolate Bar (1 lb.)
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (1 lb.)
Timeless classics also are back with new festive wrapping, including Hershey®’s Miniatures Assortment, and a variety of decorative Hershey’s-filled candy canes, among other favorites.
Deck the Halls with Hershey’s
For those looking for sweet holiday décor, CelebratewithHersheys.com offers a variety of ideas and resources to help make the home festive and fun. Check out these simple holiday ideas:
- Get the kids involved: Prepare for a day of baking treats like Peanut Butter Blossoms made with Hershey’s Kisses Brand Milk Chocolates or Rolo® Pretzel Delights™ with the kids, and let them pick out the lucky recipients.
- Prepare for unexpected guests: Keep extra Hershey’s Pot of Gold Premium Collection boxed chocolates on hand for last minute gifting solutions.
- Get creative with ornaments: Spice up your holiday tree using cookie cutters and doilies as ornaments (which look like snowflakes) for an inspired look.
- Get out the gift wrap: Take the pictures that adorn the walls all year long and wrap them with holiday paper before re-hanging. Place bowls of favorite candy dish treats, wrapped in their holiday best, like Kit Kat® Holiday Miniatures or Hershey®’s Kisses® Brand Mint Truffles Wrapped in Dark Chocolate on end tables for a sweet touch.
Hershey’s holiday offerings can be found at retailers nationwide. For more information on products, as well as delicious recipes, festive crafts, holiday décor ideas, gift tags and cards, visit CelebratewithHersheys.com.
About The Hershey Company
The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY) is the largest producer of quality chocolate in North America and a global leader in chocolate and sugar confectionery. Headquartered in Hershey, Pa., The Hershey Company has operations throughout the world and more than 13,000 employees. With revenues of more than $5 billion, Hershey offers a wide range of confectionery products, including such iconic brands as Hershey’s, Reese’s, Kisses, Hershey’s Bliss, Special Dark, Hershey’s Syrup, Kit Kat, Twizzlers, Ice Breakers, PayDay and Jolly Rancher. Hershey also is a leader in the premium and artisan chocolate segments, with such brands as Scharffen Berger and Dagoba, offered through the Artisan Confections Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. The company is focused on growing its presence in key international markets in Asia and Latin America while continuing to build its position in the United States.
Corporate Social Responsibility is an integral part of the company’s global business strategy, including goals and priorities focused on fair and ethical business dealings, environmental stewardship, fostering a desirable workplace for employees, and positively impacting society and local communities. Milton Hershey School, established in 1909 by the company’s founder and administered by the Hershey Trust Company, provides quality education, housing, and medical care at no cost to children in social and financial need. Students of Milton Hershey School are direct beneficiaries of The Hershey Company’s success. Visit us at www.hersheys.com.
*BIG Research, Consumer Intentions and Actions Survey, October 2010