ALEXANDRIA, VA. (June 2, 2011)- National PTA® will host its 115th Annual Convention and Exhibition on Thursday, June 9 through Sunday, June 12 at the Disney Coronado Springs Resort and Convention Center in Orlando. Thousands of parents, teachers, students, and leaders will gather to enhance their skills, debate the day’s hottest issues and more. Highlights include:
- Speakers—Judge Glenda Hatchett and 2011 Teacher of the Year Michelle Shearer
- Education—More than 50 workshops
- Exhibits— More than 200 exhibits
- Issues—Debate national business and emerging issues
- End of an Era—National PTA’s First-ever male president wraps up term
- New National Leaders—New National PTA President will be installed; members to vote for new president-elect and secretary-treasurer
- Events—Arts in Education Luncheon with local student performers and Emerging Minority Leaders Conference
- Resources—Hundreds of ideas, handouts, giveaways
- Connections—Thousands of PTA and education leaders from around the country
Complete convention information can be found at: http://www.pta.org/2042.asp.
About National PTA
National PTA® comprises millions of families, students, teachers, administrators, and business and community leaders devoted to the educational success of children and the promotion of parent involvement in schools. PTA is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit association that prides itself on being a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for public education. Membership in PTA is open to anyone who wants to be involved and make a difference for the education, health, and welfare of children and youth.
# # #